Monday 27 October 2008

Jewellery Shop - Petergate


Before it was a jewellery shop many years ago I can remember when this shop was a gun and camera shop, strange combination I know. I bought my first SLR in this building, a Practika Nova, the one before the Nova B. In the bag of the shop they had a shooting range for customers to try out the guns. I think the owner moved from here to the chandlers shop at Linton Locks but maybe my memory is playing tricks on me as I can't remember the name of the owner.

1 comment:

Christina S said...

"Gun and camera" - I'm going to be thinking all morning of similarities and differences between guns and cameras now. They both shoot, that's for sure.

The first thing I did last week when me and the kids were attacked by water bombers in Rowntree Park (the perils of York life!) was draw out my camera and point it at the culprits. And it did work as a deterrent!!