Friday 19 September 2008

York Minster - South Side


Following Ruby's posting on York Daily Photo yesterday I looked through my own blogs on York Minster thinking that I had used this photo at some time and could not find ia blog with it. in So here it is, almost the whole of the west side of the Minster taken from beside the railings of the Minster School. Years ago, pupils at the Minster Schol used to wear red caps but I haven't seen a red cap in ages. Have they abandoned that part of the unform? This section of road used to be open to traffic and took a heavy load as part of the route between Leeds and Scarborough. During the summer and bank holidays the road would be nose to tail with traffic with several bottlenecks like the lights at Monk Bar, the junction by the Assembly Rooms and the junction by the Yorkshire Insurance (Norwich Union) building.

1 comment:

Christina S said...

Thanks for the mention JGP, and that's quite a lot of Minster in one photo.

I have fallen out with the trees around it at the moment. They're very nice but they're in my way when I want to photograph the whole thing!! Will have to wait for winter when the leaves have gone I think!