Sunday 28 September 2008

White Swan Hotel - Piccadily


This has probably been one of the biggest blights on the city centre for many years. The White Swan Hotel has been empty for many years and we keep hearing rumours that something is about to happen to it. It was even occupied by squatters for a short while who left a "ban the bomb" logo on one of the windows. How the owners have not had an enforcement notice served on them to deal with the eyesore I can only speculate on but will not do so here!

1 comment:

Christina S said...

I haven't been down that road yet since my return to York. When I was a student here I knew it well though as that's where the bus stop to Heslington is/was. Is it just in my imagination, or did there used to be a dingy sort of coffee shop in the Swan Hotel Builiding.

There are lots of pubs/hotels with "Swan" in the name in York. I keep moticing them. How many, is the question!!