Saturday 17 January 2009

Wouldn't get these in the Baby Belling Ruby!


In the comments the other day Ruby mentioned the difficulty of students getting a duck into the Baby Belling cooker. I am sure no student would get these two into a cooker even if they wanted to. This pair of black swans came hurtling over to me when they saw me by Derwent College and then followed me all the way round the lake past the Physics building and round by the bridge towards Vanbrugh College where they lost sight of me as I headed alongthe walkway away from the lakeside. They seem fairly amicable for black swans, previous encounterI had with a black swan was a hissy spitting affair with the swan on the lake just below Chartwell which was the home of Winston Churchill. I was glad that it was behind a steel link fence.

3 comments:

yg said...

john, i was looking at some pics in your public albums and came across one taken at the s'pore zoo in this album . "the monitor lizard" should be a "komodo dragon" as shown in this pic .

JollyGreenP said...

Thanks YG, come to think of it I know you are right without even looking at the photo, obviously one of those senior moments we wrinkleys get from time to time. I'll get that corrected in the next few days.

J.

Christina S said...

Ha ha, you're right there JGP. You couldn't actually get much in the Baby Bellings in the campus kitchens but I did sometimes used to manage a baked potato :-D

(Another favourite campus activity was collecting goose poo in a beer glass and lobbing it at people's windows. That was generally after a few pints in the Charles.)